March 17/18 sailing event cancelled

The sailing event planned for the weekend of March 17/18 has been cancelled due to the forecast. Referring to the Met Office’s inshore waters forecast (for coastal waters up to 12 miles offshore) issued on Friday morning…”*the general situation is that very cold air and some snow are expected to spread gradually from the northeast; strong winds, variable 3 or 4, becoming northeast 5 to 7 later; sea state slight or moderate, becoming rough; rain, then snow for a time; visibility moderate or good, occasionally very poor”**.* Referring to the synoptic charts, and general outlook, this forecast is unlikely to improve; club policy is not to sail if there is a force 6 in the forecast. As the saying goes, it’s better to be ashore wishing you were at sea, rather than being at sea wishing you were ashore…