Welcome to the club.
Since we are a virtual club, it’s not quite so easy to get an induction; if we operated from only one site it would be easy – but since we have boats and can sail at Frensham Pond, we tow our club boats, we operate at a variety of locations and we organise camping there’s lots to know.
It’s important that we show you how to get the best out of your membership, and it’s beholden on both you as a new member, and existing members to make your onboarding as comprehensive as it needs to be.
The things that we need to make sure you know include
All new members
- Overview of club’s website and events programme
- Members only section/code (link to operational procedures)
- Confirm that the member can receive email from Cody SC server
- Confirm that the member can subscribe to the calendar (coming soon)
- Advanced organiser (AO) induction
- Day-sail induction
- Family camping induction
- Frensham Pond induction (if you intend to join us on Frensham)
- Codes to get into the changing rooms
- Where it’s OK to sail and not OK to sail
- Frensham Pond SC club rules and byelaws
Dinghy section only
The dinghy section membership entitles you to use club boats on Frenham Pond and the sea, depending on qualifications and experience. If you have your own dinghy you don’t need to be a member of the dinghy section.
- Dinghy Section Rules
- General Dinghy Rules
- Vehicle equipped for towing?
- Driver experienced with towing?
- Prepare a Trio for towing – and build it ready for sailing.
- Procedures for towing (preparation/stowage)
- Sailing notes for Comet Trio
- Outboard motor procedures/rules
- Pyestock shed induction
Note: the club member/driver is responsible for ensuring their license includes the correct rating for trailers, and their towing vehicle is covered by insurance and MoT.