Welcome to the club.
Since we are a virtual club it may not be quite so easy to get an induction than if we operated from only one site
Since we have
- club boats
- can sail at Frensham Pond
- we tow our club boats about the country
- we operate at a variety of locations and
- we organise and participate in camping and sailing
there’s lots to know.
We want you to get the most out of the club, and we know that getting inducted into the club, the operating areas and the equipment is really important to new members.
It’s important that we show you how to get the best out of your membership, and it’s beholden on both you as a new member, and existing members to make your onboarding as comprehensive as it needs to be.
The things that we need to make sure you know include
All new members
- Overview of club’s website and events programme
- Members only section/code (link to operational procedures)
- Confirm that the member can receive email from Cody server
- Confirm that the member can subscribe to the calendar
- Advanced organiser (AO) induction – how to help with event planning
- Day-sail induction
- Family camping induction
- Frensham Pond induction (if you intend to join us on Frensham)
- Codes to get into the changing rooms
- Where it’s OK to sail and not OK to sail
- Frensham Pond SC club rules and byelaws
Dinghy section only
The dinghy section membership entitles you to use club boats on Frenham Pond and the sea, depending on qualifications and experience. If you have your own dinghy you don’t need to be a member of the dinghy section.
- Dinghy Section Rules
- General Dinghy Rules
- Vehicle equipped for towing?
- Driver experienced with towing?
- Prepare a Trio for towing – and build it ready for sailing.
- Procedures for towing (preparation/stowage)
- Sailing notes for the Comet Trio
- Outboard motor procedures/rules
- Pyestock shed induction
Note: the club member/driver is responsible for ensuring their license includes the correct rating for trailers, and their towing vehicle is covered by insurance and MoT.
You should have been assigned a buddy to help ease you into the club, and they are generally the ones to deliver, or organise your induction. If you have not yet had the chance to get to know the club, please get in touch with us.