The club now welcomes membership applications from anyone.
Historically club membership has been limited to employees (past and present) of the RAE/DERA/QinetiQ/Dstl and its Lodger Units and to Crown Servants living within 20km of Cody Technology Park. More recently the club has decided to open up membership to anyone who shares the club’s sailing interests. Acceptance of membership applications is at the discretion of the committee. Applications should be made in the first instance to the Commodore.
There is no fee on application. In addition to the annual subscription there is a supplement for family membership and a supplement to join the dinghy section.
Entrance Fee £0
Full Single Membership £22 per year
Spouse / Family Membership = £34 per year (Single Membership+£12 per year = £34 for family membership)
Dinghy Section Supplement £80 per person per year (see notes)
Single Membership plus Dinghy Section Supplement = £102 per year
Family Membership plus Dinghy Section Supplement including one adult = £114 per year
Family Membership plus Dinghy Section Supplement including two adults = £194 per year
Late Payment Fee for existing members – this is simply a nudge to all members to pay their subs while the treasurer is in the business of completing the membership admin. All the committee members are volunteers, and we like to sail in the summer and do the club admin in the winter. If you are an established club member, please pay your subs during January. If you are renewing your membership after 31st January, the renewal will be an additional £30. If you are a new member you are welcome to join any time of the year. If you join after Summer Camp, your subscription will be good through to the end of the following year – 16 months for the price of 12.
Alternative ways of paying – We have also been looking at methods of payment. We have decided to retain our existing options of cash, cheque and bank transfer (BACS or Faster Payments). Our preferred method is bank transfer and we would encourage members to set up an annual standing order to do the transfer automatically in early January to avoid the risk of forgetting. (The club bank is Santander, sort code 09-01-55, account number 75694181, account name: Cody sailing Club). Additionally, we are introducing the option of making payment by Direct Debit, using the GOCARDLESS service. This has the advantage of members not having to remember to change standing orders should subs change again in the future. Any member wishing to make use of this service in January 2018 should contact the Treasurer as soon as possible.
- Dinghy Section (DS) Membership entitles you to sail on Club dinghy cruises, to sail the Club boats at Frensham and to hire any of the dinghies on a daily basis (given appropriate skill and experience). It is a non-equity fractional ownership scheme for access to the boats.
- The DS fee is payable individually for DS members on an annual basis except for DS members children or dependants under 18. They may use the club boats with a suitably RYA qualified (see DS rule 5) parent or guardian who are DS members provided there is not the demand for spaces from other paid DS members.
- There may be occasional events such as the annual Frensham Pond SC 10 hour race where the daily dinghy hire fee to non-DS members is waived. This is discretionary. For all other events the daily dinghy hire fee is payable where non-DS members use club boats.
- Non-DS members assisting with club training or running club racing do not need to pay the daily dinghy hire fee at these events.
- Course participants should be aware that Blue Green algae may on occasions be present in Frensham Pond during the summer months, and in that event appropriate safety measures will taken.
- Best practice requires that participants on Club events disclose to the Club any medical condition or disability, affecting the safety of their participation or that of others whilst on any training course. Details of next-of-kin or other contact address must be provided above for notification in the event of an accident or medical emergency.
- We expect any privately owned boat to be as seaworthy and our club boats, with appropriate insurance. Please ensure that your boat is seaworthy.
Members should be aware of and abide by the Constitution and Club Rules
See the Application For Membership page for details of how to apply.