Updated 25th May
Social sailing at Frensham Pond SC
Following coronavirus guidance for England published on May 11th, Cody SC Dinghy Section members have the opportunity for social sailing using club boats at Frensham Pond SC.
Daysailing and Summer Camp Update
The following needs to be true before we can resume fleet sailing:
* The Government explicitly permit sailing and yaching. Recreational sailing is now allowed, while maintaining people distancing
* The RYA issue clarification that sailing is now permitted. The RYA have issued guidelines to help sailing clubs assess risks and help with making changes to operating procedures.
* The venue that we choose to launch from and into is open.
* That those who are isolating together can launch and recover their boats without assistance.
* We are allowed to meet more than one other person at a distance of 2m
This will not be an immediate return to sailing-as-usual, in that only people grouping together, and who can build, launch, recover and pack up without assistance may sail together.
Cody Sailing Club – a virtual sailing club specialising in fleet dinghy cruising and family camping.
The AGM was conducted by email over a couple of weeks to allow members to digest the information and ask questions. Our committee meetings are currently virtual as well.
- Bridging the gap between RYA Level 2 and confidently sailing in a wide variety of conditions on your own.
- Come adventurous dinghy cruising in company – fleet dinghy cruising
- Join us family camping with club and personally owned sailing dinghies. Bring-your-own canoes, windsurfers and Stand-Up Paddlers are welcome. Camp by the waterside in beautiful locations
- Extend your range… Coastal cruise your dinghy on a family camping holiday.
We are a friendly Club and we welcome anyone interested in dinghy cruising, yacht cruising and camping – and you don’t have to do them all – we also walk and cycle sometimes.
The whole family, and singles, will enjoy the good life getting back to nature with Cody.
We have a wide operating area, across the South of England, and we venture further afield for camps. We sail in Sussex, Hampshire, Dorset, Devon and Cornwall.
The primary purpose of the club is to organise affordable coastal sailing cruises and sailing-themed camps for our members, in a friendly and supportive group environment. The sailing is designed to suit a wide range of sailing abilities, whilst the camping also appeals to non-sailing members of all ages.
While we are most definitely not a racing community, we welcome members with all levels of sailing competence, and there is always a healthy interest in effective and efficient sailing.
We do not offer clubhouse facilities or storage for club member’s boats.
Instead, the club operates primarily as a tidal cruising organisation for sailing dinghies and yachts. We sail in a wide variety of sailing locations in and around the UK.
Our programme provides both tidal and inland sailing events that are tailored to suit the mixed interests of our membership.
Many of our camps are on private coastal sites that landowners have made available to the club over many years.
We enjoy fleet dinghy cruising in tidal waters in the Solent and other prime UK locations.
We support Cruiser Rally’s for our Yachting community and dinghy fraternity alike, and in order to maintain social contact all year round we hold winter events both on the water and ashore.
To provide dinghy space for non-boat owners on our cruising events, the club also provides access to three Comet Trio club dinghies, subject to an additional Dinghy Section membership fee. These boats are also available for hire by qualified crews.
We are an active and friendly sailing club whose membership used to be drawn mostly from around the Farnborough and Portsdown, Hampshire area, and now we have membership from Yorkshire to Somerset, Sussex to Dorset. We organise regular dinghy cruises on the sea and inland waters as well as yacht cruises and many family camps. Other activities involve friendly racing and many social activities including visits and talks.
I for one take great comfort when sailing with Cody friends knowing that there is an intent and experience to give assistance to others.
I love sailing because there is always something to learn. I love dinghy sailing because it’s so immediate.
Thanks to all for 3 great days of sailing and especially to everyone who has worked tirelessly to make the weekend possible
Thanks for a great couple of days!